Tuesday 4 June 2013

Dear Simon,

Did you know that the movie Letters to Juliet is about an American girl and English boy? I didn't, because I hadn't seen it - until now. I will admit, though, that I only watched the last half hour, but the plot seemed simple enough. In case you have yet to see it, I'll do a quick run-through. Sophie, an aspiring journalist from New York, travelled to Verona to cover a story about a lady searching for the man she fell in love with some fifty years back. Still with me? Well, when Sophie met this lady, she also met the lady's grandson, Charlie. Charlie's from England, as I've said, although the actor who plays him is actually from Australia. No matter, the two fall in love by the end of the film, and live happily ever after - I presume, anyway.

In short, I love you. I don't care how 'Hollywood' films like this tend to be. They really do remind me of us. Of Santa Barbara. Of happiness. Everyone should have that.

Love,

Juliet Tiffany


2 comments:

  1. Is that the one where you made a poster for Ivonne?
    where do they end up living? Also, did the lady find her long-lost lover from 50 years back?

    We do have a pretty cool story of how we met.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, that was something else lol. Idk where they ended up, it's all a mystery!

    But yes, she found him and they got married! ooooo!

    ReplyDelete