Tuesday 28 May 2013

Stinging nettles

Yes, I wouldn't miss these if I left the UK, however I would prefer being stung by these than get bitten by a rattle snake etc.

I have been sting so many times by these: on walks; fetching cricket balls; fetching footballs; anything really. They're so common and they cause a rash of white spots. They go through trousers too, so it's hard to escape their stingers. But wherever you find these, you'll often find dock leaves...you rub these on the rash and it soothes the pain.

I remember falling into a whole patch of nettles when i was young and got stung all over my body, not nice!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/Stinging_nettle#p00gj39c


this is like me when i get stung


The magical dock leaf


you can make soup from the nettles

ouch

very ouch

1 comment:

  1. Awful!! But just an FYI, it's not as though rattlesnakes are around every corner here lol.

    ReplyDelete