Wednesday 9 October 2013

The Steam Up


So, every year in my village, there is a local Steam Up

You can smell it and hear it from my house even though it's further into the village.

Dad and I walked up in the afternoon so I think we missed the big engines, but there was enough to entertain us for an hour.

We had a drink with Gobnait in the pub, where there was also a hog roast...but unfortunately, I'd already eaten.


Thesea rent small...the people are just really big




This was a 14 1/2 litre engine, which is huuuge




The wheel was going round at some speed. I remember going on those swing boats when i was younger...who am i kidding, dad and i kicked some children off to go ont hem!



2 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! Was this today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I think it was a few days before I uploaded the post because I was having trouble with it

      Delete